Saturday, April 13, 2013

On Days Without Caffeine...

Ugh.

Guys, this was not intentional. A day without caffeine is never intentional when it comes to me. I. need. coffee.

This day started beautifully. I woke up around 11 am after a particularly stressful week, much to my cat's dismay. He wants me to wake up at 7 everyday even though doing so means I'm gone for about 10 hours. So I got out of bed like Snow White with birds chirping and smiling animals surrounding me (false), and slowly got ready for my Saturday long run.

I never drink coffee before my run, so the thought of making it never crossed my mind. I did make some toast with Peanut Butter & Co,'s Dark Chocolate Dreams though. That is not something I regret.

Next I went for a rather hilly run that was supposed to be 7 miles, but I made it 6 instead. I also saw an even nicer part of my neighborhood, just when I thought it couldn't get nicer.

After a shower, I put on sweatpants and pretty much sealed the deal that I would not be leaving the apartment for the rest of the day. I did laundry, cleaned the place a bit, watched the movie Friends with Kids and then Pulp Fiction was on, and I never remembered to make coffee or tea.

So about half an hour ago, I thought, "Wow, I"m super tired! Maybe I should call it a night!" I then looked at the clock and saw that it was 10 pm. That's not incredibly early, but I'm 24 and it's Saturday and I just can't do that. When I started typing this, I was laying on the couch with my laptop trying to keep my eyes open. I fought the urge to nap because napping that close to when I want to go to bed would be detrimental.

Let's talk about some other things, like the movies I watched.

Friends with Kids. I wanted to see this movie from the first preview that I saw. Kristen Wiig? Jon Hamm? Adam Scott? Sign me up. I didn't realize this wasn't a straight-up comedy though. It was a little depressing until the last half hour where they actually explained the message. SPOILER ALERT(ish): The message is to find someone who you want to be with even at their lowest. Thank god I got me one of those.

Pulp Fiction. I love this movie. I've seen it more times than I can remember. However, I watched it today on VH1, which decided not to go the HD route today? And had very poor editing/censoring. I mean, come on, if you can't handle the task of making this regular-cable-friendly, then don't even try. Don't ruin one of my favorites.

Tomorrow will be filled with a shopping trip for my upcoming business trip to LA. I'm looking forward to finding new shoes, and not looking forward to finding clothes that a) flatter this shape and b) make me look like an adult that works in the music industry.

Do you ever feel like you never look as old as those around you when they were your age? It happened to me a lot throughout high school and college. And it happens a lot now. I look in the mirror and see a teenager when really I'm staring at a 24 year old that lives on their own and is expected to be responsible. No matter what I wear, this always happens. Do I just accept that I'm perpetually 16?

Maybe I'll post an update tomorrow with my finds...if there are any.

This has been Brianne's day without caffeine. Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment