Monday, July 22, 2013

Things I'm Currently Loving...

It's been far too long since I've done one of these posts, and I kind of need one right now. I cleared my head during a five mile run today, but it's still bogged down with a bit of negativity, ergo, it's time to focus on some fun things.

Here are some things/people/trends I've been loving lately.

Chrissy Teigen
I first heard about Chrissy Teigen when she got engaged to John Legend. Naturally, I had to look her up, and she's gorgeous.


[photo via dailyglow.com]
She also loves food. When I first started following her on Twitter (@chrissyteigen) she was in the middle of a snack chat. Literally, she was chatting about snacks. I was sold. She's quickly become my favorite Twitter account to follow, and my current girl crush.

Know what else? She likes video games. She's been playing Animal Crossing - one of my personal favorites - and tweeting about it, and I'm pretty sure I've retweeted at least five of her comments on it. I can't get enough.

 Just when I thought she couldn't get more perfect, I found out today that she has a FOOD BLOG. Yes. A food blog! It's called So Delushious, and the tagline is, "personal random ramblings from a girl who loves bacon and can't be fat." In case you didn't know, she's a model. Girl, I love bacon too, but I don't want to be fat. We're in the same boat.

So all of this points to the fact that she and I should probably become best friends. She loves video games, I love video games. She loves food, food is my life. She's engaged to a musician, I'm dating a musician. Chrissy, girl, let's chill.

Vine
My obsession with Vine is completely out of hand. When I first downloaded the app, I stayed up until 1 am laughing my ass off at six second videos. I've since had to make a rule of "no Vine-ing in bed" so that I fall asleep at a decent hour.

I've also become that girl that shows everyone her favorite Vine videos. Thankfully, they're only six seconds long, so I'm not waiting there with them for five minutes saying, "waitwaitwait, this is the good part," but I'm sure I'm embarrassing my self. Shut up. There are worse addictions.

Flushing Meadows Corona Park
I learned that I have an obsessive personality back in my freshman year of college when I found out there was a Disneyland in Paris and I stayed up all night learning everything I could about it. This lasted a solid week. These infatuations come along every so often and occupy my life for a week or so. Flushing Meadows Corona Park is one of those things.


[image via panoramio.com]
You might recognize parts of this park from Men in Black, but perhaps you didn't know that it was host to two World's Fairs? Or that those towers and that pavilion were part of them? Or that the pavilion was where the Munchkins were in The Wiz?


[image via metacafe.com]
I am so interested in the history of this park. And the Unisphere. Because it's amazing and HUGE. Seriously, visit this thing in person, you will not be disappointed. I love how some of the Fair's buildings have been made into museums, and that some are still around but abandoned (because who doesn't love a mysterious abandoned place) and that Willets Point and Citi Field are like, right there. And that it's a simple two mile walk from my place.

Basically, I need to know everything you can possibly know about this park. Like, now.

CHVRCHES
This is a trio from Glasgow that I heard about from a playlist that CMJ compiled on Spotify. It included their lead single, "Recover:"
 I've had this song on repeat for a few weeks now. Imagine my disappointment when I found out they they only have an EP out right now, and I have to wait until September 24th to get my hands on a full album.


Millers Near & Far
Ok so this one is kind of a shameless plug, but it's also just a REALLY great restaurant. A friend of mine is a server there and told me and another friend to come in for dinner, because the food is good and affordable (by NYC standards). She delivered on both of those promises.


Millers Near & Far is on the Lower East Side of Manhattan on Rivington between Eldridge and Allen. It serves "New American" cuisine at prices that won't break the bank. When I went, I opted for the Brocolini Ricotta Cavatelli. Oh. My. God. It was cavatelli pasta with broccoli, scarlet runner beans (beans that are red when raw that turn green when cooked), lemon, garlic, breadcrumbs and a fried egg on top. When you stab that yolk, it adds to the sauce and gives it a rich flavor that's not too heavy.

I've told all my foodie friends about this place because I seriously feel it's amazing. I only endorse food that I believe in.

That pretty much covers my current loves. What I'm currently not loving? Distance and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment